Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In need of a Battlefield 3 PC gamer to explain something to me?

So, as everyone knows Battlefield 3 is not on Steam. I mostly game on Steam, so I'm just wondering how it'd work. Talk me through this, what happens when I get home with the disc? Do I need to use the disc each time I play, or only the first time? Also, does this game have achievements on the PC? I'm assuming not seen as there'd be nowhere to view them, but let me know. Thanks.In need of a Battlefield 3 PC gamer to explain something to me?
I'm unsure about the disc version but i presume it's the same with digital, just put the cd-key into origins and it will validate it, you shouldn't need the cd after that...



As for how it works is basically a shitty version of steam in simple, you have an origins account and software to launch it and other games linked to your EA profile and launching the game actually opens up a webpage then you select what to do from there (Singleplayer, multi or co-op)..

You want to change between singleplayer and hit up some multiplayer or co-op? Too bad, you'll have to close the game and re-open it using the web interface..

You want to change servers whilst in multiplayer? Too bad, you need to close the ******* game off and re-open it..



No LAN support, unable to just open your own server for a few friends though the interface aswell..



Origins is ****, great game though, too bad EA is running the show..In need of a Battlefield 3 PC gamer to explain something to me?
I miss steam too..

EA started there own server and they didn't release it through steam.

Now you have to download origin from EA to run it, and the entire game is basically run through a web browser. It's confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/home/In need of a Battlefield 3 PC gamer to explain something to me?
Sorry to answer with a question, but does this mean that when i buy a CD i will have to download the full game again in Origin? Like i seem to remember doing with MW2.
i'm not a pc gamer, but i know that Battlefield3 is available on Origin, which is kinda EA's version of Steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment